Highland Chateau Health + Rehabilitation Center Outdoor Visiting Program
Updated as of September 16, 2020 at 7:37 p.m. CDT
Dear Residents, Families, Staff, and Friends of Highland Chateau Health + Rehabilitation Center,
Thank you for your patience and support as we continue managing the risks of COVID-19 within our beloved community.
We are delighted to share some good news regarding our phased reopening plan, beginning with outdoor visiting options starting on September 17, 2020. Thank you to our outstanding residents, families, staff, and community for your patience and support as we continue to manage the risks of COVID-19 at Highland Chateau.
As a result, the Minnesota Department of Health has provided guidance that allows visiting in our outside areas. To assure the safety and health of our residents, visitors, and our staff, these outdoor visits will be limited and structured differently than what we have been accustomed to in the past. For now, indoor visits will continue to be restricted to essential health care personnel and compassionate care situations.
Highland Chateau Health + Rehabilitation Center Outdoor Visiting Program Details
- Complete a COVID-19 screening (negative) upon arrival.
- Remain six (6) feet apart from residents to ensure appropriate social distancing guidelines.
- Perform hand hygiene using alcohol-rub sanitizer.
- Wear a mask.
- Please bring a mask from home or we will provide one.
Outdoor Visit Process
Please arrive 10 minutes in advance of your scheduled appointment to allow time for your COVID-19 screening prior to your visit.
- Once you arrive, please park in visitor parking, and call our staff at 651-698-0793 to announce your arrival.
- A staff member will meet you at the front door to complete a COVID-19 health screening prior to your visit. Please remain at the front door until the screening is completed.
- Upon visiting the first time during this program, visitors will be asked to read a description of visit requirements, agree to follow all instructions, and accept potential COVID-19 risk that exists even in protected situations. See our Outdoor Visitation Restrictions and Instructions Form for more information.
- Once the screening is completed, you will be given directions to the location of your visit and ensure hand hygiene has been performed.
Although it may be difficult, we ask outdoor visitors to abstain from hugs, handshakes, and other physical contact with residents in an effort to protect everyone from potential virus transmission. For more specifics on what to expect during your visit, see our Outdoor Visitation Frequently Asked Questions.
We also welcome visitors to schedule open Window Visits with our residents. Per state and federal guidelines , window visitors must:
- Maintain distance of six (6) feet from open window to meet social distancing guidelines.
- For the safety of everyone, windows must remain closed at this time.
Please note that window visits will also need to be scheduled moving forward.
Highland Chateau Health + Rehabilitation Center is committed to ensuring our visitors have a positive, welcoming experience when joining us for Outdoor and Window Visits. We will do our very best to accommodate visitors’ schedules.
- Outdoor visits may occur Monday – Friday between 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., weather permitting.
- Please kindly schedule visits at least 24-hours in advance of desired date and time.
- Visits are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- To assure availability of appointments for all, there will be a limit of two (2) visits per week per visitor, and only two (2) visits may be scheduled at one time.
- Each visit will be 30 minutes in duration.
- Visits will take place at the 2W, 2E and front entrances— outside of our care community.
- The seating area will be disinfected between every visit.
- Two (2) visitors per resident are permitted per visit.
- We respectfully ask that children age 12 and younger not visit at this time.
- To meet state health guidelines, a Highland Chateau Health + Rehabilitation Center staff member will supervise each visit, solely to help everyone practice all appropriate safety precautions.
To schedule a visit, family members or others may call 651-698-0793, Monday – Friday, between 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., beginning September 17, 2020.
We will do our best to accommodate your schedule, and will schedule visits on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please know we are fully committed to making these visits as welcoming and comfortable as possible given the situation at-hand. Thank you again for being partners with us in fighting the COVID-19 virus. Your messages of support and patience will not be forgotten. Our entire team looks forward to seeing you outside and enjoying Minnesota’s beautiful autumn days.
Highland Chateau Health + Rehabilitation Center reserves the right to change or limit our Outdoor and Window Visiting programs as needed to safeguard everyone’s health and safety. In the event a resident or staff member tests positive for COVID-19 following this update, we will be required to stop outdoor and open window visits. All residents, family and staff will be informed as soon as possible following any adjustment to these programs.
NOTE TO MEDIA PERSONNEL: Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outdoor Visitor Program Resources and Forms